Saturday, May 1, 2010

Still Alive

Good evening one and all,
Sorry again for my literary hiatus. I have reasons but no excuses. Well it looks like most of the side effects that they talk about in the Cancer Pamphlet do come true. Good news is that I only have one more Chemo treatment on Tuesday and only six more radiation treatments. The the healing/waiting game starts. The oncologist said I will need six to eight weeks of healing before we can do another PET scan. I believe it because they have cooked two holes in my neck with the radiation and there are six more opportunities to get to "Broil".
I do have a couple of amusing shorts to mention. One of the radiation tech is a contract worker from Tenn. and her contract end here shortly. I attempted to grow up there once and a we were talking about the state, she is from the east side. She casually suggested the I put see the Smokey Mountains on my "Bucket List".
The other little funny is that I realized that I can eat my meals and floss my teeth at the same time.

Once again I enjoyed reading your comments. I was a bit disappionted that the "Dump Donor" on Valdez' drivers licence didn't get any play but "Oh well".

The beer bong idea is just gross, but one could get intoxicated and not have beer breath. The Borg implant is pretty cool though. It is good for two seats on a crowded bus. I just let it hang out the bottom of my shirt, untill it reaches the mid-point of my zipper. This with and the two inflamed, dripping with pus cattle brandings on the sides of my neck will get me two seats.

Al, I can't play a song with it yet but I can hit the bathroon ceiling with a small cough. Had to ask Lynda to clean up after the dog.

I like the Momdenburg idea I am just afraid between Al, Adam and Valdez I will end up with a trombone up my butt.

Sharon, you do realize that "Ten Up Tony" is not real don't you??

Good night

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it was "Ten Hut Tony" and I'll never believe he doesn't exist. He just moved away and then back or is he away again? There was Car Pool Carl and Loofah Leo (The bath buddy)and a few unmentionables also. Man those were good lunches - I haven't laughed that hard until you started writing your experiences - you crack me up!!
Sharon

RAR said...

Thanks for the update Keith. Happy to see you still seem to be in good spirits even though the side effects are catching up with the User's Manual. We're all hoping for the best after your healing/waiting period and believe you'll have plenty of time to decide what goes on your "bucket list".

Take care buddy,
RR

Al said...

Bucket List??? Hell no, this young man has many a fishing trip left! I have just begun to learn the ways of "The Fish Slayer", lots of fish out there with your name tag on them Mr. Momberg. Great to hear from you Mombo, hang in there and be tough, you are teaching us all so many lessons!
tightlines!

Dick said...

Keith,
Glad you're back to flying above the radar. I was afraid we would have to resort to telling old stories. BTW- the new pooch is shaping up just fine. He should be ready for a Marion trip this summer if Al is willing to watch him while we go fish.

Anonymous said...

"Still Alive" & "Staying Alive" -isn't that a Bee Gee's song? - shit, now it's ringing in my head!

I agree with the Smokey Mts! (nothing like the Cascades but worth seeing)& you'll have plenty of time to see in the next few decades!

Good hearing from you,
Gary

Valdez said...

Glad you are up and at'em and rounding third base. Almost to the final stretch. This is kind of like being back in boot camp. 8 weeks of hell. Getting your ass kicked on a daily basis. Instead of doing pushups you're getting zapped with radiation and injected with chemo cocktails, which I suppose is more like shore leave ...

Warn the fish now! The Fish Slayer is coming back!!!

Adam Q said...

Mombo 2.0 returns.

From the murky depths of obscurity, our hero emerges...

It's good to hear from you Keith. I'm glad the chemo thing is almost over and the radiation is coming to a close. It's starting to sound like you're a hot potato that's been put in the microwave for too long.

Bucket list? Ha! Keith is going to flip that bucket up on his head and play yankee doodle dandy on a kazoo!

The only thing the Momborg is kickin' is a few bad habits.

Unknown said...

Yo Mombo

Glad your getting close to the end and coming down the home stretch. My best friend in the Loma Linda VA biomed shop went through chemo and radiation a year ago for Prostate cancer, so I have a pretty good idea of how your feeling right now. Your a strong soul Mombo and laughter is the best medicine. The writings of your recent adventures had me laughing so hard I felt like I'd been through an ab workout.

Set the Hook!
EggsYackley

Unknown said...

Hey Keith, sorry to hear about the neck holes but now you fit right in with the younger generation. You have your own "piercings" and just have to figure out what you want stick through them. Keep up the good spirits and the funny stories, we all love them. Oh and fill your buckets with fishes not wishes. lol

Pat

Valdez said...

Keith, I know you've been wanting to go "Goth" for awhile now, and Pat's right -- this is the perfect time to transition into your new look. Up the piercings, and stay out of the sun even more. The paleness will contrast with your all black attire. That's right, buddy -- no more Hawaiian t-shirts. Casual Friday will now mean that you only wear ankle high Doc Marten boots instead of the knee high affairs. I'm not sure if a good Goth would have blonde hair either, so you will have to at least die your moustache. Blonde moustaches are just too darn cheerful.

You know what though? You don't have to change, Keith! We like you just the way you are! Don't go Goth, go Fishing!

V

Adam Q said...

Things might be uncomfortable right now, but at least you're not a humping post for a french clown.
- (Ask Bob)

Anonymous said...

Hey Keith!
It's Ladybug. Hope your spirits are high! I have not been going to the gym, however.....I did get a motorcycle. My clamming pants have come in handy in the rain and they fit under the seat.
I miss you dearly at work. Hope to see you soon.
Kate

Anonymous said...

Keith,

All your friends and followers are wondering if the treatments have affected your hands or your ability to communicate? You don't have to go into detail about your condition or come up with witty prose, just let us know that you are still with us here on this BLOG.
For me I am just loving my retirerment, staying busy doing what I do best, whatever I want whenever I want to do it. Puttering around on stuff and planning for summer trips. Sure missed not getting any more Springer fishing in with you before the crump but there is always another day and honeyhole for when your up to it. So give us a sign Dr Gomez.
OSMO